Liveblogging The British Riots!
THURSDAY, THE 11TH OF AUGUST
We've put together a short film about the riots that have taken place in our home borough of Hackney. You can watch us interview brave Turks and flee charging riot police over at VBS.
Got news of fighting or looting near you? Are you looting or fighting? Get in touch with us at Twitter @viceuk or email email@example.com. All times GMT.
11.54PM: Cameron's just spoken in the emergency parliament meeting. Here's what he said:
- The death of Mark Duggan is being investigated by the IPCC.
- Duggan's death has nothing to do with the widespread looting.
- There will be 16,000 police on the streets of London until the weekend.
- "Phony human rights concerns" will not stop looters and rioters being identified and prosecuted.
- Police will be able to use rubber bullets and water cannons to quell any further unrest.
- The government will look into how they can stop people using BBM to plan riots.
- The owners of looted homes and businesses will be able to claim for compensation under the riot act even if they are not insured for rioting.
- The government will cover the costs of looking after those made homeless.
Ed Milliband's at the stand searching for his and Britain's soul at the moment. To be honest, I'd sort of forgotten he existed.
Wednesday, the 10th of August, on the next page.