A surge of migrants from around the world are arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border. Some have traveled thousands of miles to get there. For many, the most dangerous part of their journey is a 60-mile stretch of lawless jungle connecting Colombia and Panama called the Darién Gap. VICE News Tonight correspondent Paola Ramos follows the journey of migrants traveling through this perilous leg of their journey.
- Follow migrants trekking through the Darién Gap, one of the world’s most dangerous jungles, as they make their way to the U.S.-Mexico border.
- The border between Colombia and Panama is closed. Migrants traveling north are stranded in improvised camps.
- The Biden administration is rolling back Trump’s immigration policies that kept many asylum seekers stuck in Mexico. VICE News follows the first wave of migrants processed in Texas.
- El Salvador’s president joked about being a dictator. Now he has absolute power.
- Biden’s giant tent city for migrant kids relies on Alabama’s ‘Master of Disaster.’
This episode was produced by Adreanna Rodriguez.
VICE News Reports is produced by Jesse Alejandro Cottrell, Jen Kinney, Janice Llamoca and Julia Nutter. Our senior producers are Ashley Cleek and Adizah Eghan. Our associate producers are Sam Eagan, Sophie Kazis, and Adreanna Rodriguez. Sound Design and music composition by Steve Bone and Kyle Murdock.
Our executive producer and VP of VICE Audio is Kate Osborn. Janet Lee is senior production manager for VICE Audio. Production coordination by Steph Brown. Fact checking by Nicole Pasulka.
Episode art by our host, Arielle Duhaime-Ross.
This story was originally reported for VICE on Showtime—you can see the documentary version on Showtime now. New episodes air on Sundays at 8 p.m. EST.