Photo by Farideh Sadeghin.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Old Blue Last beer
3 cups whole milk
1 1/2 pounds shredded cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons ground coriander
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low. Add the flour and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the beer and cook for 5 minutes longer.
3. Add the milk, whisking constantly, and stir until thick, about 6 minutes.
4. Add the cheese and stir until melted.
5. Stir in the coriander, salt, and pepper. Serve with whatever the fuck you want.