The VICE Magazine Podcast is your definitive monthly guide to enlightening information. Each episode brings in-depth interviews, sonically rich cultural insights, and a rare glimpse into how we make the issue.
This month, we have The Restless Youth Issue, and it tells the stories of the young men and women campaigning for the change they want to see in the world. Their struggles and efforts reveal the vitality, glaring contradictions, and ever-growing complexities of youth protest in the 21st century. In this episode, we look at the history of youth in revolt, highlight the recent anti-corruption protests in Romania, and hold a roundtable discussion with VICE journalists on what's at stake when reporting the news. And, of course, there's much more.
Here's our table of contents:
• Photo editor Elizabeth Renstrom describes how our Restless Youth cover image gives an old protest photograph new meaning.
• Haisam Hussein highlights the history of youth activism and protests throughout the globe.
• Jason Leopold, our Freedom of Information Act expert, unveils surprising facts from an FBI case on an extreme animal rights group.
• Journalist Aaron Lake Smith talks to Chris Carroll about the recent anti-corruption protests in Romania, which have been the largest and most widespread demonstrations since the fall of Communism.
• Erika Allen joins Broadly staff writer Diana Tourjee, VICE News journalist Keegan Hamilton, and VICE.com news editor Matt Taylor in a roundtable discussion on how we cover the news today.
• David Givens, the equipment manager for VICE on HBO, shares the tale of an item he picked up at the Freddie Gray protests in Baltimore.
But if you're using a different platform, then this RSS link should let you add the podcast to whatever platform you'd like. And if you like what you hear, please take a moment and review the podcast, especially on iTunes.
Come back in June for the next episode. And did you know you can get 100-plus glossy pages delivered to your doorstep each month by clicking here to subscribe to the print issue of VICE magazine?