Police identify John Doe believed to be 8th victim of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur

More details, including possible new criminal charges, will be released once the man’s family is notified.
April 13, 2018, 3:31pm

After releasing his photo last month, Toronto police say they have identified the man they believe to be the eighth victim of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.

More than 70 potential identities were submitted, police said in a press release on Friday morning.

Police released the unnamed man’s photo in March because they’d exhausted all traditional methods of identifying him, they said. In the picture, the man’s eyes were nearly shut, and police believed the man was dead when the picture was taken.

More details, including possible criminal charges, will be released once the man’s family is notified, police said.

McArthur, who was arrested in January, faces seven counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of missing men, many of whom were connected to Toronto’s gay village.