300 grams bread flour
120 grams whole milk
90 grams eggs
3 grams dry active yeast
9 grams kosher salt
38 grams granulated sugar
120 grams unsalted butter, softened
30 grams pecans, chopped and toasted
30 grams currants
8 grams orange blossom water
For the confectioner's glaze:
250 grams confectioner's sugar
50 grams lemon juice
1. In a stand mixer on low speed, mix together the yeast, milk, eggs, salt, sugar, and flour until fully incorporated.
2. Increase the mixer's speed to develop the gluten in the dough (about 4 minutes).
3. Add softened butter. Mix until fully incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together chopped and toasted pecans, currants, and orange blossom water.
5. Add the mixture to the dough and incorporate on low speed.
6. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl, and let rest for 2 hours.
7. After two hours, divide the dough into 30-gram pieces and shape into rounds.
8. Place dough rounds on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
9. Proof until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
10. Bake in an oven set at 400º Fahrenheit until golden brown (about 12 minutes).
11. While the buns are baking, combine the confectioner's sugar and lemon juice in a bowl.
12. After the buns are cool, pipe crosses on top of them with the confectioner's glaze. Serve and enjoy.