Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
8 ounces|227 grams green beans
8 ounces|227 grams fingerling potatoes
¼ ounce|7 grams fresh parsley
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 idaho trout filets (6 ounces|170 grams)
¼ cup chopped almonds
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Bring a large sauce pot with 8 cups|1893 ml of water and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil over high. Remove the ends from the green beans and discard ends. Set aside. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and place in a medium bowl. Remove the stems from the parsley and discard stems. Rough chop and set aside. Juice half of the lemon into a small bowl. Discard seeds. Set aside.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Lay the potatoes in an even layer on a rimmed sheet pan lined with foil. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. In a large bowl, add ice and cold water. When the water is boiling, add the green beans and cook for 1 minute. Remove the green beans and place in ice bath to stop cooking.
- In a medium sauce pot, add the butter and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When the butter boils immediately lower the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, until the butter has separated and turns brown.
- Bring a medium sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high. Pat the fish dry with paper towels. Season each side of the fillets with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. When hot, add the fish and seat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Drain the green beans and add to the pot with the brown butter. Add the almonds and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Add the parsley, stir, and remove from heat.
- Place each fillet on a plate. Top each fillet with the green beans and almonds. Spoon the brown butter sauce over the top. Serve with potatoes on the side.
Get recipes like this and more in the Munchies Recipes newsletter. Sign up here.