Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
1 teaspoon clarified butter
1 tablespoon diced bell peppers
1 tablespoon diced cilantro
1 tablespoon diced red onion
3 cherry tomatoes, halved
3 small mushrooms, sliced
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 large eggs
¼ cup shredded cheese (or optional amount)
1 tablespoon diced green onion
- Heat a non-stick pan over high, add the clarified butter, and swirl around the pan until the sides are coated.
- Add the peppers, cilantro, red onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms to the pan, then add salt and pepper, and stir using the handle or a spatula. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk three eggs in a small bowl until the mixture is consistent and aerated.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, pour whisked eggs into pan over vegetables, and let sit. Once sides of omelette begin to rise, take a rubber spatula and pull in the sides of the omelette towards the middle allowing the remaining egg mixture to cook.
- After approximately 45 seconds, flip or turn omelette and cook the other side for another 45 seconds.
- Turn off heat and apply a handful of shredded cheeses to one half of the omelette.
- Slowly slide the cheese-covered half of the omelette onto a plate and, using the pan, fold the remaining half onto itself.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.