Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
for the brownie:
9 ounces|255 grams unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
9 ounces|255 grams dark chocolate
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
6 large eggs
for the cheesecake:
5 ½ ounces|156 grams cream cheese
5 tablespoons crème fraîche
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
- Heat oven to 350°F|176°C. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Make the brownie base: Pour enough water into a 4-quart saucepan that it reaches a depth of 1-inch. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. Combine the butter and chocolate in a medium bowl and set the bowl over the saucepan. Cook, stirring, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and the eggs until pale and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chocolate mixture until smooth, then the flour, and set aside.
- Make the cheesecake base: In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, creme fraiche, sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate base into the prepared baking dish and swirl the cheesecake base throughout. Bake until lightly set, about 1 hour. Cool for 1 hour before slicing. Bon appétit!
Get recipes like this and more in the Munchies Recipes newsletter. Sign up here.