Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
for the marinade:
1 cup|40 grams baby arugula
½ cup|20 grams flat-leaf parsley leaves
¼ cup|60 ml red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 small garlic clove
½ jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 small shallot, chopped
½ cup|125 ml extra-virgin olive oil
for the salad:
1 pound|500 grams skirt steak
1 pound|450 grams creamer potatoes, quartered
3 tablespoons|1 ¼ ounces|45 ml olive oil
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup|½ ounce|17 grams baby arugula
flaky salt, to serve
1. Make the marinade: Combine the arugula, parsley, vinegar, salt, garlic clove, chile, and shallot in a food processor. Pulse to combine, then slowly pour in the olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste. Marinade will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 5 days.
2. Place the steak in a large bowl and cover with ½ cup|125 ml of the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
3. Heat the oven to 425°F. Place the potatoes on a sheet tray and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast the potatoes until golden and crisp, about 35 minutes. Toss in a large bowl with ¼ cup of the remaining marinade.
4. Grill the steak: Light a grill over medium-high. Remove the steak from the marinade and grill, flipping once, until medium-rare, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes before slicing the steak against the grain into ¼-inch thick slices. Season with the flaky salt.
5. Toss the arugula with the potatoes. Place a serving of salad on a plate and top with some sliced steak. Serve with the remaining marinade.
Get recipes like this and more in the Munchies Recipes newsletter. Sign up here .