This article was originally published on THUMP Canada.
The Gaslamp Killer has announced a new album Instrumentalepathy, the follow-up to his 2012 debut Breakthrough, and shared the first single, "Residual Tingles." Following his recovery from near-fatal scooter accident in July 2013, the record was largely made in the Los Angeles-based experimental producer's home studio, and was mastered by Daddy Kev at Cosmic Zoo.
It features artists closely linked to Bensussen from his work with Brainfeeder and LA party Low End Theory, including Miguel Atwood Ferguson, Niki Randa, Amir Yaghmai, The Heliocentrics, and more. There's also a song with Gonjasufi, marking the first time the two artists have collaborated on new music in over ten years.
Instrumentalepathy drops on September 16th via GLK's new imprint Cuss Records. Check out the tracklist below, along with a Flying Lotus-created short trailer for the album.
1. Pathetic Dreams [with Kid Moxie and Miguel Atwood-Ferguson]
2. Good Morning [with Gonjasufi)
3. Warm Wind (Frimpong) [with Amir Yaghmai]
4. Residual Tingles
5. The Butcher [with Mophono]
6. Friendship (Interlude)
7. Gammalaser Kill [with MRR and Malcolm Catto]
8. Life Guard Tower #22 [with Miguel Atwood-Ferguson]
9. Haleva [with Amir Yaghmai]
10. Listen For My Whistle
11. Shred You To Bits
12. In The Dark (Part Two) [with The Heliocentrics] [Bonus]