One of the two suspected gunmen who remain at large after allegedly carrying out the Wednesday attack on the headquarters of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, which left 12 people dead, was featured on an local television program about jihad in 2005.
Several young men appear throughout the French investigative journalism documentary entitled "Pieces a Conviction," but the focus of the episode appears to be 32-year-old Chérif Kouachi, who authorities believe was part of the Wednesday morning attack on the magazine's offices.
The decade-old episode follows Kouachi as he walks through the streets of an unverified city. He is seen in a black t-shirt and jeans, and at one point is walking alongside another young man whose face is blurred. Footage of Kouachi at a party is also included in the film.
Kouachi had previously been convicted of a terror charge in 2008, having helped funnel fighters from France to Iraqi insurgents. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
Authorities have identified Kouachi and his 34-year-old brother Said, along with 18-year-old Hamyd Mourad, as suspects in Wednesday's massacre, which is the worst terrorist attack France has seen in decades. Armed men entered the magazine offices at around 11:30am on Wednesday morning and opened fire, in an attack that lasted just minutes. Ten of the magazine's staffers were killed in the shooting, along with two police officers. At least 11 others were wounded during the violence.
The brothers are currently on the run, with fears emerging that they may be making their way back to Paris after reportedly being spotted in northern France. The Paris prosecutor's office has said that on Wednesday that Mourad walked into a police station in the town of Charleville-Mézières, 142 miles northeast of Paris near the Belgium border, allowing police to take him into custody.