It's time, once again, to marvel at some idiots who don't know how to handle the world:Cry-Baby #1: Bill Riley
Screencaps via Google Maps and Fox6
The incident: A garbage man started his shift early.The appropriate response: Asking him to start on time if this creates an issue. Possibly some kind of fine for repeat violations.The actual response: He was sentenced to 30 days in jail.Earlier this month, a Sandy Springs, Georgia, garbage man named Kevin McGill started his garbage pickup at 5 AM.
Advertisement
As there's a city ordinance limiting the collection of garbage to between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM, McGill was cited for a violation—then sentenced to 30 days in jail, to be served over a series of weekends. As VICE reported last week:
"It was terrible—I didn't want to go in," McGill told me. "I didn't know what to expect, and when I got in it was worse than anything I could have imagined."
In addition to spending long weekends in jail, according to his lawyer, McGill will also spend six months on probation, during which time he will pay a set of monthly fees to the city.
Sandy Springs spokesperson Sharon Kraun says that early-morning garbage truck noise is not something the city will tolerate.
The harsh sentence was requested by prosecutor Bill Reilly (pictured above), who told local network WSB that "fines don't seem to work…The only thing that seems to stop the activity is actually going to jail."Reilly, who deserves to be bundled up and thrown into the back of McGill's truck because he is fucking garbage, defended the harsh sentence to the network, saying that local residents have been calling 9-1-1 when the garbage collectors come early (Jesus Christ).The good news is that after a media backlash over the sentencing, the charges against Kevin were dropped earlier this week.In a statement, the Sandy Springs Solicitors Office wrote, "There are times when taking a step back provides the opportunity for better perspective."
Advertisement
At the time the charges were dropped, Kevin had spent two days in jail.Cry-Baby #2: Some unnamed Chuck E. Cheese's customers
Screencaps via Google Maps and Cleveland.com
The incident: A photo booth broke at Chuck E. Cheese's.The appropriate response: Using a different machine.The actual response: A gang of customers attacked the restaurant's staff.On Sunday evening, a group of unidentified people were celebrating a child's birthday at a Chuck E. Cheese's in Parma, Ohio.As they were settling their bill, the group reportedly complained that a photo booth inside the restaurant was not working. It's not entirely clear what happened next, but according to a report on Cleveland.com, a manager came and spoke to the group, and they were "dissatisfied with the manager's explanation."According to police, several members of the group followed the manager back to the restaurant's kitchen area.Once in the kitchen, security camera footage shows several people (including the man in the orange shirt pictured above) launching an attack on six staff members.Five Chuck E. Cheese's workers required hospital treatment for injuries sustained in the incident, which Parma Police Lieutenant Kevin Riley described as a "vicious, unprovoked attack."At the time of this writing, no arrests had been made in connection with the attack.Who here is the bigger cry-baby? Let us know in this poll down here, please:
ORIGINAL REPORTING ON EVERYTHING THAT MATTERS IN YOUR INBOX.
By signing up, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy & to receive electronic communications from Vice Media Group, which may include marketing promotions, advertisements and sponsored content.