Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
for the vinaigrette:
¼ cup|60 ml fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
½ cup|125 ml olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
for the chicken cutlets:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¾ cup|115 grams all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
¾ cup|56 grams panko breadcrumbs
¾ cup|52 grams grated parmesan cheese
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 ¼ cup|300 ml canola oil, for frying
1 ¼ cup|300 ml olive oil, for frying
for the salad:
5 ounces|145 grams baby arugula
1 head endive, sliced into ½-inch pieces
1 head radicchio, sliced into ½-inch ribbons
freshly shaved parmesan
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey. While continuously whisking, slowly stream in the olive oil until emulsified. Season with the salt and red pepper flakes. Makes 1 cup|237 ml dressing. Dressing will keep, covered, for up to one week in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the cutlets: Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Working with one piece of chicken at a time, place it in a large ziplock bag, leaving the bag unsealed. Using a meat tenderizer, pound out the chicken until ¼-inch thick.
- Make a dredging station by setting up three shallow dishes. Fill the first one with flour, the second with egg, and the third with panko and grated parmesan. Season each dish with salt and pepper.
- Dip each cutlet in flour, coating completely, then the egg, followed by the panko-cheese mixture.
- Heat the oils in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Fry the cutlets, flipping once, until golden and crispy, 8 to 9 minutes. Transfer to individual plates and season with salt.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula, endive, and radicchio with the dressing. Top each cutlet with some salad and shave some parmesan cheese over each.
Get recipes like this and more in the Munchies Recipes newsletter. Sign up here.