Photo from Wikimedia Commons
1. DJ Harvey's tales of life as a veteran of the queer nightlife scene
Now based in Los Angeles, the London native and former Ministry of Sound resident recounted his years on the scene, his thoughts on love and sex, and crafting his own identity.
2. Hieroglyphic Being's Andreas Gehm tribute mix
3. The oral history of the first Toronto nightclub that brought together the straight, LGBT and raving communities
The short-lived Industry, which ran from 1996 to 2000, was linked to the Detroit, Chicago and New York regional scenes and ultimately shaped the after-hours nightlife industry in Toronto. This oral history features the club's key players like club owners Matt Casselman, Gavin Bryan, Mario Jukica, and resident DJ Kenny Glasgow.
4. Afterlife's new compilation album
The label, created by Tale of Us, dropped a compilation album featuring selections from Recondite, Locked Groove, and Mind Against. Stream the album in full on YouTube or Spotify and purchase it on iTunes or Beatport.
5. Our list of the 25 best albums of 2016 thus far
Jessy Lanza, ANOHNI, and Huerco S are some of the stars featured in our roundup of the 25 best albums of the year thus far.
6. Chill Welfare, a safespace at music festivals
7. Octo Octa's pride mix
The Brooklyn-based producer's hour-long mix is a joyful and celebratory ode to the power of the dance floor.
8. This deep dive into the history of the electronic music cassette
Acclaimed author and journalist Michaelangelo Matos detailed the eclectic and interesting history of the electronic music cassette for Red Bull Music Academy Daily.
9. Seth Troxler's writing
The popular DJ and producer wrote an op-ed for CLASH on why he supports the Nightlife Matters campaign and what can be done to help protect the nightlife industry in the UK.
10. Cassy will drop her first album
…and it is available right now for exclusive streaming at Resident Advisor.
Britt Julious is on Twitter.