Donald Trump had a nine-month affair with a Playboy model in 2006, three months after Melania gave birth to their son Barron, according to a astonishing report in the New Yorker Friday.
Ronan Farrow, one of the reporters that broke the Harvey Weinstein sex scandal story last year, details how Trump allegedly began an affair with Karen McDougal, 1998’s Playmate of the Year, after meeting the model while filming an episode of “The Apprentice” at the Playboy mansion.
“I was so nervous! I was into his intelligence + charm. Such a polite man,” McDougal wrote about their first date. “We talked for a couple hours – then, it was “ON”! We got naked + had sex.”
Moments after Trump finished, he offered to pay McDougal for the sex, the report claims.
“I looked at him (+ felt sad) + said, ‘No thanks - I’m not ‘that girl.’ I slept w/you because I like you - NOT for money’ - He told me ‘you are special’,” she wrote.
Trump denies the affair. “This is an old story that is just more fake news. The President says he never had a relationship with McDougal,” a White House spokesperson said Friday.
The report also claims Trump was protected by the head of American Media, Inc., the publisher of the National Enquirer.
AMI paid McDougal $150,000 for her exclusive story of the affair just three months before Trump was elected president. The newspaper never ran the story. The reports claims AMI CEO and chairman David Pecker protected Trump by “catching and killing” the piece.
“Pecker really considered him a friend,” Jerry George, a former AMI senior editor told the New Yorker. “We never printed a word about Trump without his approval.”
Here are 10 shocking details from the report:
- Document: Most of the details about Trump’s affair with McDougal are contained in a contemporaneous eight-page, handwritten document obtained by the New Yorker, which McDougal identified as her handwriting.
- Timing: When Trump first met McDougal at the Playboy mansion in June 2006, he had been married to Melania for around 18 months. Their son Barron had been born just three months earlier.
- McDougal and Daniels: Trump’s alleged affair with McDougal overlapped another alleged infidelity between Trump and porn star Stormy Daniels. According to the report, Trump slept with both McDougal and Daniels at the same event, the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship at the Edgewood Resort on Lake Tahoe in July 2006. McDougal and Daniels attended many of the same events while allegedly embroiled with Trump, the report claims.
- Trump’s family: McDougal said she was introduced to many of Trump’s family during their nine-month fling, including his sons Donald Jr. and Eric, as well as Don Jr.’s pregnant wife Vanessa. At one Playboy mansion event, Trump asked his son Eric to point out the best looking woman in the room. Eric singled out McDougal. “Mr. T said ‘He has great taste’ + we laughed,” McDougal wrote.
- Separate bedrooms: While giving McDougal a tour of Trump Tower, the then-businessman pointed out Melania’s separate bedroom. He “said she liked her space,” McDougal wrote, “to read or be alone.”
- Beverly Hills Hotel: According to McDougal’s account, her first date with Trump was at a private bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel — the same location Daniels said she met Trump, where the pair watched “Shark Week.” Summer Zervos, a former contestant on “The Apprentice,” alleged that Trump assaulted her in December 2007 at the same location.
- Stay away from Tiger Woods: At a golf event in California, Trump told McDougal that Tiger Woods had asked who she was. Trump then warned her “to stay away from that one, LOL.”
- “That old hag”: Towards the end of the relationship, McDougal had doubts about the affair, particularly what her mother would think. When she raised these concerns with Trump, he allegedly responded: “What, that old hag?” McDougal then pointed out that Trump and her mother were close in age.
- “Big black dick”: On the way to the Miss Universe pageant on July 23, 2006, Trump shared a limo with McDougal and one of her friends. According to multiple sources speaking to Farrow, when the friend mentioned her relationship with an African-American man, Trump said she liked “the big black dick” before “commenting on her attractiveness and breast size.”
- Covering his tracks: While McDougal says Trump paid for all her travel and accommodation during their alleged entanglement, he made sure to cover his tracks. “No paper trails for him,” she wrote. “In fact, every time I flew to meet him, I booked/paid for flight + hotel + he reimbursed me,” McDougal wrote.
Cover image: Karen McDougal during Dennis Rodman's 43rd Birthday Party at The Highlands in Hollywood, California, United States. (Mark Sullivan/Getty Images)
This article originally appeared on VICE News US.