Photo by Katie Laskowska.
1. Resident Pulse Orlando DJs remembered what Pulse meant to the city's LGBT community
Before their headlining sets at THUMP's fundraiser to benefit the victims of the Pulse shooting, DJ Infinite, DJ Simon2001, and DJ Flawless–who performed the night of the shooting– spoke with THUMP.
2. Romain Gavras' new video for Jamie xx's "Gosh"
The controversial director created a second video treatment for Jamie xx's single, "Gosh," off of his 2015 album, In Colour.
3. Squarepusher's "Midi Sans Frontieres" remix project
In response to the Brexit referendum vote, Squarepusher created a global collaborative remix project to unite creators everywhere.
4. Aphex Twin's new EP
The new EP drops July 8, but is available for pre-order and streaming at Bleep.
5. This new video for DJ Koze's remix of Mano Le Tough's "Energy Flow"
The prolific producer and DJ added his special touch for this "Miles and More" remix and the haunting video matches the track's eerie atmospherics. The video premiered on THUMP Thursday.
6. A play about the secret history of Detroit Techno from Omar S' sister
THUMP's Features Editor Michelle Lhooq watched the production and spoke with Robbie Taylor, the creator of the project.
7. François K's list of his favorite "danceable and funky records"
Selections include tracks by Jermaine Jackson, the Pointer Sisters, Kraftwerk, Cymande, Can, Prince and Dâm-Funk.
8. The 16 most creative totems at Electric Forest
Betty White, anyone?
9. Nicole Moudaber on Ibiza
The prolific DJ and producer reflected on her first experiences in Ibiza as well as the current state of the dance music paradise.
10. Bambounou's new Upfront mix for Boiler Room
"This is my new mix," he said. "I found some tracks without hi-hats that I love to play out and put them all together." And as for that cover art? He created it too. "I was just having dinner and had some carrots," he added about the cover.