Total: 30 minutes
for the chocolate syrup:
300 ml whole milk
177 grams chocolate mint (plus more, for garnish)
100 grams sugar
10 ml corn syrup
415 grams chopped 70% chocolate
for the milkshake:
1 pint vanilla ice cream
30 ml blood orange bitters
60 ml bourbon
1. Make the syrup: In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the milk and 1/2 cup|120 ml water to a simmer. Add the mint leaves and continue to simmer for three or four minutes. Turn off the heat and let the mint steep for at least 15 minutes (or overnight if you want a stronger mint flavor).
2. Strain the milk and water into a new saucepan, add the sugar and corn syrup, and bring to a low boil.
3. Add the chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Take off the heat and put in the refrigerator to cool.
4. Make the milkshake: Combine the whiskey, bitters, and 4 ounces|120 grams of chocolate syrup in a blender, and pulse a few times until mixed.
5. Add the ice cream and blend until just combined, careful not to liquify the ice cream completely. Transfer to a glass and garnish with extra mint.