"I fucking love Buckfast."
Prep: 20 minutes
Total: 1 hour 35 minutes
1 bottle Buckfast, preferably chilled, as a ritual taste is compulsory for the essence of the recipe
200 g castor sugar
½ pint full-fat cream
¼ pint full-fat milk
1. Pour the bottle of Buckfast into a medium pot over low heat. When it becomes lukewarm, add in half the sugar and whisk until dissolved. Continue to reduce the Buckfast syrup until its thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, then leave to rest in a cool area.
2. Get a medium mixing bowl and pour in the double cream, milk, and sugar. Whisk until the sugar is fully dissolved.
3. Next, pour your sugar, milk, and cream mix into your ice cream machine.
4. After 15 minutes, pour half of the Buckfast sugar syrup mixture into the ice cream machine and watch those flavors come together. Leave all this in the ice cream machine for one hour until it looks how ice cream should.
5. Take 3 scoops of the ice cream and pour a spoonful of the remaining Buckfast syrup on top of the ice cream for extra flavor.