While Germany's Gamescom event won't formally kick off until tomorrow, game companies started making announcements over the past couple of days, leading up to the show itself. If you, like me, spent most of the weekend on the couch, you might have missed some of the news that came out.
To help both you and me, I've compiled the biggest news so far:
- Final Fantasy XV is coming to the PC early next year.
- There's a Minecraft-themed Xbox One.
- You can now pre-order Xbox One X machines.
- More than 100 Xbox One games will get enhanced when played on Xbox One X, and the current list is right here.
- Microsoft is publishing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on Xbox One, but it's still not a console exclusive? But it's a partnership? I'm confused.
- Sea of Thieves players on Xbox One and PC can play with one another.
- ReCore, for some reason, is getting a "definitive edition." It'll be a free update, at least.
- Jurassic World Evolution is a RollerCoaster Tycoon-style game from Frontier, coming next summer, tied to the upcoming Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom movie. (Rob wrote about it here, actually!)
- BioMutant, a game from ex-Just Cause and Mad Max devs involving a shapeshifting cat thing, is coming later in 2018.
- Finally, cats and dogs are coming to The Sims 4 in November.
- The ultra-pretty Fe, previously announced for other platforms, is coming to Switch.
And here are the trailers that go along with a bunch of those announcements: