Watch a Dude Set the Guinness World Record for Furthest Flight on a Hoverboard
Catalin Alexandu Duru just set the shit out of the Guinness World Record for hoverboarding.
My friend Barry's always talking about learning how to skateboard. Not because he thinks skating is especially dope or anything, but because he wants to practice for when hoverboards come out. I always thought that was sort of kooky, but after watching this video of a guy setting the shit out of the Guinness World Record for the longest hoverboard flight, I guess Barry was right, because Catalin Alexandru Duru has created an actual, non-hoax, hovering-ass hoverboard, and then hovered it over a lake in Quebec for 905 feet, shattering the previous record of 164 feet and paying an appropriate homage to the hoverboard chase scene from Back to the Future II.
Five in-depth stories about the future:
1. We Were Promised Hoverboards: A Chat with Robert Haleluk
2. The Future of Television According to VICE
3. The Future of Drugs According to VICE
4. The Woman Who Woke Up in the Future
5. I Lied to Future About Being a Dad in Order to Talk to Him About Fatherhood
Follow Drew on Twitter.