It's been less than two weeks since allegations of misconduct and sexual assault on the set of Bachelor in Paradise surfaced. Now, Warner Brothers has announced that an internal investigation found that no misconduct occurred and that the show will resume filming.
The company, which produces The Bachelor franchise for ABC, said in a statement on Tuesday that the investigation was done "with the assistance of an outside law firm."
"Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident," the statement said. "We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy."
After reports of misconduct involving a sexual encounter between contestants Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson became public earlier this month, filming was suspended and the Bachelor in Paradise cast was sent home. Later, Olympios said she was "a victim" in the situation, with "little memory of that night."
"Something bad obviously took place." Olympios said, "As a woman, this is my worst nightmare, and it has now become my reality."
Jackson released a statement via his publicist, saying his "character has been assassinated" by "false claims and malicious allegations."
Warner Brothers announced the implementation of "certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants" but didn't provide further details.
Bachelor in Paradise was originally scheduled to premiere on August 8. In a statement, ABC said the show "will air this summer on ABC" with no specified date. It's unclear if Olympios and Jackson will return to the show.