It doesn’t seem right, after such a win for democracy and liberalism, to mock those less fortunate than ourselves, so I’ve compiled a selection of tweets that can help us to empathize with Republicans everywhere, as well as to answer the question: What...
Congrats to Obama! But before you start planning your Obamarama dinner party, take a moment to consider the forgotten and distressed. Although in your bubble of liberalism you might think that everyone would be thrilled about America’s gradual progression towards a political system which might actually do something right someday, in fact large swathes of America are furious about it.
It doesn’t seem right, after such a win for democracy and liberalism, to mock those less fortunate than ourselves, so I’ve compiled a selection of tweets that can help us to empathize with Republicans everywhere, as well as to answer the question: What sort of person hates Barack Obama?
- Time off school
- Louis Vuitton trainers
- The snack Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- Special effects make-up
- The Bible
- Louis from pop band One Direction
Trisha Paytas likes:
- Her breasts
- Being a mix of "Woody Allen and your local hooker"
- Tall Men
- Christina Aguilera's hair
- The idea of being entirely supported by an oil tycoon
Ted Nugent likes:
- Taking pictures of dead things
- Venison jerky
- Pictures of women holding guns
- Slaughtering pigs from helicopters with machine guns
- Retweeting other angry Republicans
- The military
- Conspiracy theories
- God-fearing Christian Americans
stars and bars babe likes:
- The word nigger
- Sweet tea
- The word ass
- The movie Despicable Me
- Hunting camp
- Real men
- Unregistered firearms
- Gay rights
Ryan Payne likes:
- Fooling around
- The pop icon Taylor Swift
- New Balance velcros
- The word poop
- The musician Kendrick Lamar
- A guy who would randomly buy her flowers
- The musician Dierks Bentley
- The cereal Honey Smacks
- Not having to set her alarm
Tracey Neumann likes:
- Cups of tea
- The film Magic Mike
- Complaining that she feels "hollow"
- The TV programme Dexter
- Comparing Obama to Adolf Hitler
- The REM song "Man On The Moon"
- The TV show South Park
- The band Muse
- The band Coheed and Cambria
- The band Foo Fighters
- Anti-feminist jokes
- Getting stoned
- Comparing Barack Obama badly in relative terms to the Pearl Harbor attacks
- Aggressive politicians
- The fried chicken restaurant Chick-fil-a
- Banning birth control
Donald J. Trump likes:
- The idea of marching to the White House and staging a coup of the legitimately elected government
- The concept of global warming having been invented by the Chinese as part of a conspiracy to get Obama re-elected
- The idea of a President who won't "bow to the Saudis"
- Reality TV's #1 Bad Girl "Omarosa"
- The World's greatest golf course (which he owns)
- Hanging out with Mitt Romney
Owh, poor things!
Follow Bertie on Twitter: @bertiebrandes
More Twitter-based psychoanalysis: