The Hillary Clinton 2016 presidential campaign released a counter-response video Wednesday just after over 55,000 pages of the presidential hopeful's work-related emails that were made public late Tuesday.
Clinton is facing scrutiny after she used a personal email server for years during her tenure as US secretary of state — which her political opponents and some members of congress argue violates ethical standards and record-keeping requirements.
Clinton turned over all 55,000 pages of work-related emails from her personal server to the State Department in December, following a subpoena order from a committee investigating the 2012 attack on an American diplomat's compound in Benghazi, Libya.
Roughly 300 emails related to the Benghazi attack were turned over to the committee.
The video — a montage of news clips that discuss the email scandal and, in some cases, wonder if the Benghazi investigation is simply an attempt to sabotage Clinton's presidential campaign — claims that, in spite of a wealth of documentary evidence, the ongoing investigation led by the Benghazi Select Committee costs the US taxpayer $8,000 per day.
An additional 32,000 emails were deleted from Clinton's email server, all of which, she claims were personal — sparking conspiracies that she was withholding information and violating the subpoena order. In March, the chairman of the Benghazi committee Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-South Carolina) released a statement questioning the timing of her deletion of her messages.
"While it is not clear precisely when Secretary Clinton decided to permanently delete all emails from her server, it appears she made the decision after October 28, 2014, when the Department of State for the first time asked the Secretary to return her public record to the Department," he said.
Clinton says that she only decided to wipe her personal emails once her lawyers had thoroughly combed through her server looking for Benghazi-related emails.
Her critics continue to insist that the server be turned over to a third-party arbiter, who will decide for themselves which emails qualify as public information and which don't.
The video that the Hillary camp released today is titled "Charade" — echoing, perhaps, a statement made by Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Maryland) urging anti-Clinton conspirators to move on from the issue.
Cummings, who also sits on the Benghazi panel, argues that Clinton complied with the subpoena order. "It is time for the Committee to stop this political charade and instead make these documents public and schedule Secretary Clinton's public testimony now," he said in a statement earlier this year.
In a response sent to VICE News Wednesday, the Republican National Committee asserted that Clinton selected what was released.
"Not only did Hillary Clinton withhold documents she claimed she turned over, but she handpicked the emails that were released and destroyed the rest, " RNC spokesman Michael Short said. "The only charade is the notion that Hillary Clinton has been open and honest with the American people."