The Best Things We Saw on the Dance Music Internet This Week
New music from Disclosure, a compilation of Hunee's favorites, and Cassy's BBC 1 Essential Mix make the list.
1. The 30 Best Tracks of 2016 So Far
Our list of the 30 best tracks of the year thus far includes Kaytranada, ANOHNI, Dawn Richard, and Omar-S, among others.
2. Breaking Through: Stefan Ringer
Resident Advisor profiled Stefan Ringer, the rising Atlanta-based house music producer who is steadily putting the city's dance music scene on the map.
3. How the Syrian War Has Changed the Face of Beirut's Club Scene
Our investigation into the current state of Beirut's club scene details closures, struggling venues, and how casual nightlife ventures have risen in popularity.
4. BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix: Cassy
The popular and prolific DJ and producer dropped a poignant Essential Mix full of jazz, house and techno as well as offering cuts from her upcoming debut album.
5. Bassnectar Shares Poignant Facebook Post About Recovering from Skin Cancer
The producer was diagnosed with skin cancer under his right eye this spring. He thanked his friends, family and doctors who helped him through the process.
6. Twitter has invested in music streaming service SoundCloud
The social media platform invested $70 million in Soundcloud, bringing its latest round of funding to around $100 million and valuing the company at $700 million.
7. Listen to Disclosure's New EP 'Moog For Love' Right Now
8. Hunee compiles Hunchin All Night for Rush Hour
This latest compilation includes Boncana Maiga, Zogo, Black Beat Niks, among others.
9. What You Can Do to Help Orlando
The Pulse nightclub shooting is the single worst mass shooting in the United States. There are a number of ways to give back to victims of the tragedy, Orlando, and the LGBT community.
10. Soichi Terada drops a new tune, "Tell Me What"
The bright, bouncy and joyful tune comes from Gravity Graffiti, the producer's newest EP.
Britt Julious is on Twitter.