The Nuclear Safety and Security Commission said it was unable to confirm if the test had been for a hydrogen bomb or how powerful the blast had been.
As South Korea finally confirmed traces of radioactive material from North Korea's sixth nuclear test Wednesday, Pyongyang and Washington continued their war of words over the latest round of sanctions slapped on the hermit kingdom.
In Seoul, the government said traces of radioactive xenon gas were confirmed to be from a North Korean nuclear test conducted on September 3. But the Nuclear Safety and Security Commission said it was unable to confirm if the test had been for a hydrogen bomb—as Pyongyang claimed—or how powerful the blast had been.
Meanwhile, a couple of hundred kilometers north in Pyongyang, the North Korean regime was describing its neighbor as a "puppet" of the US government in an editorial in the state-run Rodong Sinmun newspaper.
Continue reading on VICE News.