At least one person was killed and 15 were injured in a shooting at the Cameo nightclub in Cincinnati. The shooting took place around 1 a.m. Sunday when the 18+ nightclub was filled with "hundreds of people," reports Cincinnati's WLWT.
O'Brien Spikes, a 27-year-old man, died at the scene. His family has been informed. One of the 15 injured is in critical condition and some of the injured have been released, Cincinnati police report.
In a news conference, the Cincinnati Police Chief claimed that there were "multiple shooters" stemming from the cause of the incident. There is a massive manhunt underway for the shooters.
Police at this time do not believe the shooting was terrorism-related. WLWT reports that the shooting stemmed from conflict earlier in the day.
"The conflict is believed to have begun between specific groups or individuals earlier in the day, escalating and ultimately leading to this tragedy occurring at the nightclub," Cincinnati City Manager Harry Black told WLWT. The Cincinnati police chief confirmed this story in a news conference, stating, "Several local men got into some type of dispute inside the bar and it escalated to shots fired."
One witness told WLWT that they heard the club's DJ call for security about 10 minutes before the shooting occurred. Off-duty police officers are reportedly employed at the facility as security.
This is not the first shooting to take place at the night club, reports WLWT. On New Year's Day in 2015, one person was shoot in the foot at the club. In September of that same year, a shooting victim was found in the club's parking lot.
"I ask all Cincinnati to pray for the victims and their family, especially those still fighting to cling on to life," Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley said in a press conference. "Prayers and thoughts are important, but not the final and only answer."
Police are asking anyone that was at the club to call Crime Stoppers to provide any additional information.
THUMP will update this report as the story develops.