Is there anything worse than this? A group of bald, bearded middle-aged guys and podgy, short-haired lesbians coming together to have a "cuddle party" - a "structured, safe workshop on boundaries, communication, intimacy and affection" and "a drug and alcohol-free way to meet fascinating people in a relaxing environment." If you're the kind of waste of human life who would like to spend an afternoon with fellow slightly perverted big babies at this "place for people to rediscover non-sexual touch and affection" then you're in luck. On October 29, a Cuddle Party will be held in London.
Before you rush to sign up, remember they are very strict about the rules.
WHAT TO WEAR: Pajamas - nothing too risqué. Think more comfy than sexy. (More drawstrings, less lace! No shorts.)
WHAT TO BRING: A pillow or stuffed animal if you like. Juice or sparkling cider is always welcome. Sorry, no liquor folks. Otherwise, just bring your smiling self.
STICK TO THE RULES:
- Pajamas stay on the whole time.
- You don't have to cuddle anyone at a Cuddle Party, ever.
- You must ask permission and receive a verbal YES before you touch anyone. (Be as specific in your request as you can).
- If you're a yes, say YES. If you're a no, say NO.
- If you're a maybe, say NO.
- You are encouraged to change your mind anytime you want.
- Respect your relationship agreements and communicate with your partner.
- Get your Cuddle Lifeguard On Duty or Cuddle Caddy if you have a question or concern or need assistance with anything during the Cuddle Party.
- Tears and laughter are both welcome.
- Respect people's privacy when sharing about Cuddle Parties and do not gossip.
- Arrive on time.
- Be hygienically savvy.
Sunday, October 29, 2006
2:00 - 5:30 PM
Cost: £30 (earlybird price of £20 for payments received by Oct 15).
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want to be sent emails about future parties.