The official timeline of the Las Vegas shooting has been drawn into question after MGM Resorts released a statement to a local Nevada newspaper Thursday saying the reported time that a security guard was shot is incorrect.
Las Vegas police initially said the guard was shot during the massacre that left 58 people dead, but they later revised their chronology to say that the security guard had been shot six minutes prior. But according to MGM, the reported time the guard was shot — 9:59 p.m PDT — is incorrect.
An anonymous federal official also told the Associated Press Thursday that officials from the Mandalay Bay Hotel didn’t call the police immediately after the security guard was shot, instead waiting until Paddock had already opened fire on the crowd of concert goers.
Officials will release a “fully vetted” timeline on Friday, according to the Nevada Independent.
“Nobody’s trying to be nefarious, nobody’s trying to hide anything, and what we want to do is draw the most accurate picture we can,” Joseph Lombardo, the Las Vegas sheriff said Wednesday. “I’m telling you right now, today, that that timeline might change again.