Smoked Turkey Breast
Barbecue and grilling expert Adam Perry Lang shows us how to achieve juicy and perfect smoked turkey breast.
Prep: 15 minutes
Total: 3 hours
for the four seasons blend:
1 cup coarse sea salt or kosher salt
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
for the turkey:
1 (10-12 pound) bone-in turkey breast
2 tablespoons four seasons blend
2 tablespoons butcher's grind black pepper
1/2 cup yellow mustard
12 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
1. Heat cooker to 250°F.
2. Make the spice blend: Mix the salt, pepper, garlic salt, and cayenne in a medium bowl.
3. Prepare the turkey: Using a small sharp knife, cut around the wishbone. Carefully lift the skin and grasp the bone your hand. Twist and pull it out firmly, taking care not to damage the meat.
4. Cut a four 1/2-inch slits all on each breast. Rub the turkey breast and the wishbone all over with the mustard, then rub all over with the seasoning and pepper. Place in the cooker and roast until a thermometer inserted reaches 153°F. Spray it with apple cider vinegar a few times during the process.
5. Remove from the cooker and drizzle with butter. Wrap completely in heavy duty plastic wrap a few times. Place in a dedicated cooler and cover with towels (this will act as a warming oven). Let rest for at least 20-30 minutes.
6. Remove turkey and unwrap it. Transfer it to a cutting board and carve.
- black pepper
- Adam Perry Lang
- easy turkey recipe
- turkey breast
- Thanksgiving turkey recipe
- perfect turkey recipe