"Peaches and mint are a classic julep combination, but you could really mix up the recipe below using any fruit you like."
Prep time: 15 minutes
1 bottle Captain Morgan Original Spiced Gold
5 yellow peaches, ripened
1 bundle mint
50 grams granulated sugar
1. Wash the mint and pick away any browning leaves and stems.
2. Roughly chop the peaches, keeping 1-2 slices for garnish.
3. In a large jar, mix the Captain Morgan with the sugar until dissolved. Add the mint and peaches.
4. Leave to infuse in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight for a stronger flavour). Strain into a sealable jar or bottle and store in the fridge. It should keep for up to a week.
5. To serve, put some cracked ice in a julep cup (or any metal cup—vintage lassi cups are a mad vibe, and will definitely score you bonus points).
6. Add 30 milliliters of your infused Captain Morgan and stir gently. Add more cracked ice and garnish with 3 to 4 sprigs of mint. Give the mint a little slap over the glass to release its fragrance.