Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
for the chocolate syrup:
1 ¼ cups|296 ml whole milk
6 ounces|170 grams chocolate mint (plus more, for garnish)
½ cup granulated sugar
½ tablespoon corn syrup
14 ounces|397 grams chopped 70% chocolate
for the milkshake:
1 pint vanilla ice cream
1 ounce|30 ml blood orange bitters
2 ounces|60 ml whisky
- Make the syrup: In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the milk and ½ cup|120 ml water to a simmer. Add the mint leaves and continue to simmer for three or four minutes. Turn off the heat and let the mint steep for at least 15 minutes (or overnight if you want a stronger mint flavor).
- Strain the milk and water into a new saucepan, add the sugar and corn syrup, and bring to a low boil.
- Add the chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Take off the heat and put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Make the milkshake: Combine the whisky, bitters, and 4 ounces|120 ml of chocolate syrup in a blender, and pulse a few times until mixed.
- Add the ice cream and blend until just combined, careful not to liquify the ice cream completely. Transfer to a glass and garnish with extra mint.
Get recipes like this and more in the Munchies Recipes newsletter. Sign up here.