Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 ⅔ cups|210 grams all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon ground cardamon
¼ teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
a pinch paprika (optional)
9 tablespoons|125 grams salted butter, softened
½ cup|100 grams dark brown sugar
5 tablespoons|100 grams molasses
superfine sugar, for dredging
- Heat the oven to 350°F|180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Measure all the dry ingredients (except for the brown sugar) into a bowl and whisk well.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and molasses until light and fluffy. Add 1 ½ teaspoons boiling water, then add the dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or two dessert spoons, scoop up individual portions and shape into balls. Roll in the superfine sugar, then place on the lined baking tray and flatten them slightly, using the underside of a glass or measuring cup.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the tops crack a little but the cookies are still soft. They will become crisper as they cool. These keep well for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
From Your Christmas Cookies Will Taste Better with Coriander
Get recipes like this and more in the Munchies Recipes newsletter. Sign up here.