Easy Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
This delicious pancake ecipe from Ken Addington has an amazing texture thanks to ricotta and whipped egg whites, and is topped with an incredible "honeycomb" butter.
for the honeycomb butter:
1 cup sugar
½ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon baking soda
8 ounces butter, diced and brought up to room temperature
¼ cup honey
2 teaspoons salt
for the ricotta pancakes:
7 eggs, yolks and whites separated
2 3/4 cups ricotta
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
zest of one lemon
1. For the honeycomb butter, heat the sugar and syrup together on low heat until sugar has dissolved. Whisk in baking soda. Pour out onto a Silpat and let cool. Crack "honeycomb" into manageable pieces and pulse in a food processor into coarse granules. Fold into remaining ingredients and mix.
2. Using an electric mixer, whip whites to stiff peaks. In a separate large bowl, combine ricotta, milk, yolks, and zest.
3. In another large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Combine wet and dry ingredients, then fold in whites.
4. Set the batter onto a buttered griddle until bubbling, partially set, and golden. Flip and continue cooking until fully set.
5. To serve, stack three pancakes per serving and garnish with whole sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries, and a scoop of honeycomb butter. Serve with maple syrup.