Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
1 rack of lamb (about 1 ½ pounds|700 grams)
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup|250 grams plain yogurt
1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
zest of 1 lemon, plus 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup|70 grams shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
¾ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
2 pounds|1 kg Russet potatoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
1 small garlic clove
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, Aleppo pepper, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of the juice, salt, and pepper. Rub all over the lamb and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice, ¼ cup olive oil, the pistachios, mint, salt, and pepper.
3. Make the mashed potatoes: Cover the potatoes with water and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are soft, about 12 minutes. Drain, then return the potatoes to the saucepan and roughly mash. Add the remaining ½ cup olive oil and microplane the garlic directly into the mash. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
4. Light a grill over medium. Rub off any excess marinade and grill the lamb, flipping once, until charred and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 140°F, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes before cutting between each chop. Season the cut-side of the chops with the flaky salt.
5. To serve, spread the mashed potatoes on a serving platter. Top with the lamb chops and drizzle with the pistachio dressing.
Get recipes like this and more in the Munchies Recipes newsletter. Sign up here .