Just hours after comedian Louis CK acknowledged that the allegations of sexual misconduct against him were true, he was dropped by the few remaining networks and agencies he had left.The FX network — which enjoyed a long and lucrative relationship with CK — announced it would no longer work with him because “now is not the time for him to make television shows.”Read more: Louis CK accused of masturbating in front of women without their consent
“Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with Louis C.K.,” the network said in a statement. “We are canceling the overall deal between FX Productions and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we were producing with him—Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and The Cops.”
CK’s management company 3 Arts announced Friday it had terminated their relationship, and his longtime manager, Lewis Kay, also announced the pair had severed ties.Read more: Louis CK admits “these allegations are true”“We are committed to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff, clients and the community at large. We are doing a full internal review regarding this situation and are taking additional steps to strengthen our processes and procedures while engaging with our staff to address any concerns about harassment or abuse of power. This behavior is totally unacceptable in all circumstances and must be confronted and addressed,” 3 Arts said in a statement.
CK’s admission came a day after a New York Times story confirmed long-rumored reports that he had serially masturbated in front of women whose consent he had not obtained and sexually harassed other women. Within hours, Hollywood turned its back on him — the film distributor The Orchard cancelled the premiere of his new film and later shelved it altogether, and stars from the film, including Charlie Day, spoke out against him. A scheduled appearance on Stephen Colbert’s Late Show was cancelled and he was replaced with William H. Macy. HBO dropped him from its upcoming televised fundraiser the “Night of Too Many Stars” and removed his content from its On Demand services. Netflix cancelled his upcoming comedy special.Still, it’s an abrupt turnaround from an industry that had previously embraced, and at times protected, him even after his behavior first came to light in 2015.