I was at the CBC when the Ghomeshi scandal broke and got an inside view of its institutional failures.
By signing a peace bond, former CBC radio star Jian Ghomeshi will dodge a second sexual assault trial that was scheduled for June 6. He was acquitted of five other sex assault charges earlier this year.
Linda Redgrave says the judge was not respectful to women or sex assault victims.
Ex-radio star Jian Ghomeshi may have been cleared of sexual assault charges in Toronto this week, but the debate around sexual assault and the law isn't over in Canada.
In a trial that has captivated Canada, Jian Ghomeshi's defense rests on whether the judge believes the witnesses are trustworthy.
In 2014, former broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi fell from grace as women come forward en masse with stories that he pulled their hair, punched them in the head and strangled them without warning.
Jian Ghomeshi's lawyer is literally not presenting any defence for her client, other than her cross-examinations of the three Crown witnesses.
One lawyer suggested that the Crown's case is going so poorly it would have been dropped if the accused wasn't a celebrity.
Jian Ghomeshi's lawyer is focused on the witnesses' behavior after the alleged assaults, but that doesn't mean the judge is.
Meanwhile, the prosecution now says they have received new disclosure from their third witness.
Jian Ghomeshi's lawyer didn't hold back on the witness who has accused the former CBC host of a vicious sex assault.
Experts expect the trial to be vicious.