Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
for the buttermilk ranch:
⅔ cup|160 ml buttermilk
¾ cup|155 grams mayonnaise
¾ cup|175 grams sour cream
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon celery salt
2 dashes hot sauce, preferably Tabasco
2 tablespoons ground pink peppercorns
kosher salt, to taste
for the chicken fingers:
1 ½ pounds|690 grams boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups|270 grams all-purpose flour
½ cup|75 grams cornstarch
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup|250 ml whole milk
1 large egg
vegetable oil, for frying
edible glitter, to taste
- Make the ranch: Whisk the buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, lemon juice, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, hot sauce, and pink peppercorns in a medium bowl. Season with salt and chill at least 20 minutes to let the flavors meld before serving.
- Make the chicken fingers: Cut the chicken lengthwise into ¾-inch wide strips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, 2 tablespoons of salt, and black pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk the milk and egg until combined.
- Dredge the chicken fingers in the flour, shaking off the excess, then dip into the egg mixture, and then back into the seasoned flour. Set aside on a baking sheet.
- Heat about ½-inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry the chicken fingers, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken fingers to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and season with salt. Dust in edible glitter and serve with fries and the ranch.
Get recipes like this and more in the Munchies Recipes newsletter. Sign up here.