"Despite its veggie status, the deep-fried eggplant double down tastes like it's much heftier than a couple of vegetables on some bread."
Prep: 15 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
1 medium sized eggplant
3/4 cup quinoa
8 oz-ball buffalo mozzarella
2 handfuls arugula (rocket)
tomato sauce or BBQ sauce
1. Start by cutting your eggplant into ½ inch slices.
2. Coat the eggplant slices in quinoa and set aside.
3. Begin heating about ¾" to 1" of oil in the frying pan. Raise the heat to medium high. When the oil is hot enough, carefully fry each of the quinoa covered slices, turning once, until they are golden brown. Remove and set the fried slices aside.
4. While the eggplant cools, cut the mozzarella into ¼" slices.
5. When the slices are cool enough but still warm, assemble the remaining ingredients between two slices of eggplant and enjoy.